Monday, January 13, 2014

You might be a redneck if...

So Jeff and I were tooling around Bed, Bath and Beyond looking for some calendars for our offices and home.  The evil squirrel calendar of 2013 has been taken down. (I replaced it with a calendar full of sneepy kitties) 


After picking up another Turvis tumbler for myself (I have a problem) and checking to see if they had any new egg plates (okay, maybe more than one problem), I we turned the corner into the bedding section and I saw this:

Yes.  Camo bedding.  And the thing was...it wasn't just some freak, one-off thing.  There were competing companies...Browning, Cabella, Bonecollector...
There were matching throw pillows and themed deer-head sheets...
 
 
If that weren't enough...you can extend the Deer-slayer theme right into the bathroom as well...


 
 
But what about when deer season is over?  Well, I'm glad you asked...because if you prefer winged prey over the four-footed, you can keep company with these guys:
Nothing like four bearded dudes in camouflage staring at you while you pee.
Now, I'm not red neck bashing...Lord knows I've eaten my share of turnip greens, fried green tomatoes and frog legs in my life.  My daddy kept a mason jar of (equal parts) lemon juice, honey and 'shine in the freezer to use as cough medicine.  But folks, red-neck chic just isn't something I'm ready for...I really don't think it's something I will ever be ready for.


P.S.  I wonder...since I did this post awhile back...suppose you were wearing your camo lingerie in your camo'd bedroom...would your man be extremely turned on?  Or would he even be able to find you?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment