Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Monkey business

When I first found out I was pregnant with my daughter...before we knew that she was a she...Jeff had already starting calling her "Monkey" or "the monkey".  She's heard it her whole life...with variations of "silly monkey", "monkey-butt" and "monkey girl" thrown in occassionally. When she was little she was CONSTANTLY clinging on me (like a monkey).  When we'd see a monkey on a card or on the TV or whatever, Jeff would say to her, "Look!  When did they put you on TV?" and both of them would DIE laughing.
This year for Christmas, Daughter found a jewelry artist by the name of Mark Poulin that makes Mother/Daughter matching necklaces.  You can get Mommy and Baby whales, bunnies or monkeys.  She got us matching monkeys.
Here I am wearing my Mommy monkey:






No, I don't know what's with the maniacal look on my face.

Close up of my necklace.  Also?  Some gratuitous cleavage shot.

I love my Mommy monkey necklace.  I think it is so sweet that my almost 18-year-old daughter still embraces her childhood nickname.  I love that the Mommy monkey and the baby monkey are holding little hearts.  However, I can't help but think that the "monkeys" look a bit like sloths.  Or maybe even that they look exactly like sloths.  I went to the site where she bought them...

and sure enough, they are billed as monkeys. (You can check out the link here) But still...what do you guys think?

Monkeys or sloths?





No comments:

Post a Comment