Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Frog and toad are friends

I like to read. I like to read where it is QUIET. In my house containing a husband who likes to leave the TV on for "background noise", a daughter (and usually friends), four cats and three dogs, quiet usually means I go sit outside on my front stoop. I live in Alabama. So right now, my front stoop usually means....at minimum 85 degrees and 85% humidity.
Thank God for Frog Toggs.

Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads are da bomb. They are made of some super-secret material imported from aliens (I assume) and it keeps you wonderfully cool. Once it warms up a little? Flip it over and it's like getting the cool side of the pillow...over and over again. These things are amazing.  So anyway... I come outside with my Kindle and my Frog Togg to read.
For the past couple of nights, I've had a visitor.

This is Toad. He just hops up here (from where? I have no idea) and he sits looking at me while I read. 
A couple of nights ago, I swatted a beetle (damn June bugs are EVERYWHERE) and he landed by toad and...slurp...he was gone.
It's now become a ritual...
Toad comes up here...I send a couple (or eight) pesky bugs his way. It's a happy (well, not for the beetles) little arrangement.
Am I weird?


2 comments:

  1. I have to find Frog Toggs.

    oh and Frog and Toad are Friends - best children's book ever so there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...you can get them at any sporting goods store...I think they even are in Walmart now.

      So what do I have to do to get on your "blogs I follow" list?

      Delete