Saturday, February 8, 2014

In a Pickle


Don't you love it when you have people in your life that "get" you?  My husband's best friend, Brad, has been hanging around my family forever.  He's about 7 or 8 years younger than me...and growing up, he was by brother's friend.  He spent lots of holidays and summers with us...I've always considered him a younger brother of sorts.  Since Jeff's been around since I was 16, he first met Brad as a kid much younger than us...
 
After Jeff and I got married, bought our own house, etc...Brad started going to college near us and would drop in for company and frankly, cooking that didn't come from a drive-thru.  He and Jeff had the same interests in video gaming and became best friends and have stayed that way over the last 20 years or so.
 
Sadly, Brad has recently gone through a divorce.  We all hated to see it, but Jeff and I are at least glad we've been there for him.  Until his house sells and different living arrangements can be made, we have custody of Brad every-other weekend.  It's not a bit of trouble, really, since he's such a long-established friend of the family.  However, when he's staying here...he tries to bring in little things to show us that he appreciates  a place to come to on his weekends without the kids.
 
This visit, he brought me this:
 

 
Yes!  It's exactly what it says it is!  An electronic yodeling pickle!!!
 
I lurve it!  I mean who WOULDN'T????  The fact that Brad saw it and knew I'd love it warms the cockles of my heart.
 
I know that some of you are probably wondering about the usefulness of a yodeling pickle.  Well, besides making me crackup into an asthma attack...yodeling pickles are also apparently the siren song for little girl cats:





No comments:

Post a Comment