Sunday, April 5, 2015

Out to Lunch

Hey guys!  I have been horribly slacking when it comes to blog posts. There has been plenty to write about, but sadly, little time to do it in.  We have been in the midst of lots of horrible home-repair/maintenance issues...I'll be sure to write all about it when I get over my general pissed-off-ed-ness about the money I'm spending on un-fun items like floor joists.
However, even in the throes of all of my proprietor worries, I have had a few occasions to chuckle, if not completely laugh out loud.  Take Friday.  I was off work, Jeff was not.  I had been subjected to an EGD the day before (light/camera down the stomach thing).  It's no biggie, but sometimes anesthesia can throw me for a loop and I feel out of sorts for awhile, so I had already planned to take the following day off. I slept FOREVER, which was nice. (and due to the anesthesia)  It was about 11ish when I finally crawled my sorry butt out of bed.
I got up, got coffee, read my texts.  Jeff actually works in another time-zone from where we live, so it was after noon where he was.  He had shot me a text, "Well, I grabbed the wrong lunch. Sorrrrryyyyy!"
The evening before, we had opted for Olive Garden.  Yeah, I know, meh...but I was still loopy, I didn't want to cook, and soft noodles sounded easy.  I opted for something I never order...Steak Gorgonzola.  I don't know what I was thinking. Choking down pieces of steak with my sore, swollen throat...not good. I ended up eating a few noodles and packing up the rest of it.  Jeff had the Chicken Parm...which is a huge portion at dinner, so he had leftovers as well.
In comes another text, "You can eat my chicken.  Steak Gor. was very good.  Sorry again."
My throat was still pretty raw, so I decided against getting his leftover container out...I just made myself some soup.
A couple of hours later...I get a phone call.

"Well," he said, "I just got back in from the shop, and there was an email that was sent out to the entire building."
Me: "Okay.  Is something wrong?"
J: "It was from a lady named Carol.  It was about lunch-room/kitchen etiquette. Specifically, people eating things that didn't belong to them."

Pause.
J: "She was furious because someone had eaten her Olive Garden leftovers."
Me: "Steak Gorgonzola?"
J: "Steak Gorgonzola."

Now, there are a couple of levels of mortification here.  One: he ate someone stranger's lunch.  Two: he ate some STRANGER'S lunch.
My husband is a leeeedle bit of a food-germ-a-phobe.
"You think you should go ask her if she's got cooties?"
"You? Are not as funny as you think."

 Anywho...he went an apologized to Carol...and we're going back to the OG tonight and getting her an untouched meal for Jeff to take for her lunch tomorrow.
He will be carefully marking all containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment