Tuesday, May 16, 2017

What's worse than a Sharknado?


My daughter is visiting from Tuscaloosa this week.  Her classes are finished and her summer job hasn't started yet. She came (with her cat and dog) to see me for Mother's Day and decided to spend a few days with us.
(Granddog: Sophi, Grandkitten: Nala. Not pictured: Nala's Megacolon)




Yesterday morning I gave my grand kitten her medicine that she has to take for her Megacolon.  Megacolon is a real-live honest digestive problem and not a SyFy made-for-TV movie starring Brooke Hogan and Eric Roberts (MEGACOLON VS. SHARKTOPUS!)   It takes many, many American dollars to diagnose and then further treat Megacolon.  Nala (my grand cat) has had megacolon for about a year. If Nala doesn't get her medicine, she ends up constipated and has to be given an enema. Or three. This does not make ANYONE happy. 
Have you ever had to give a cat a bath?? Now imagine giving one an enema.


So anyway, it's in everyone's best interest to keep the mail moving (if you get my drift) and give her the regularly scheduled dosage of cisapride, her "motility" medicine. It's a liquid that she takes surprisingly well (much easier than an enema for sure).  It does, however, produce toxic poop that should probably be reported to the Department of Homeland security so that it never, ever falls into the hands of America's enemies.  Still better than giving a cat an enema.

Unfortunately, after giving her the medicine, I didn't get the cap back on good and one of my heathens knocked it over, spilling all of it.  All $65 of it, to be exact.  And there I was, knowing that I was dealing with an extremely time-sensitive situation with potentially dire, dire consequences.
We got in touch with the vet that I use here in town, and while they did not have any cisapride on hand, they put me in touch with a compounding pharmacy that not only whipped up a batch of colon-cleansing miracle drug, they asked if Nala preferred bacon, beef or chicken flavoring.
So...thank you, thank you, thank you to Cheaha Animal Hospital and to Cheaha Compounding Pharmacy for helping to prevent a (literal) shit-storm.


2 comments:

  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like,HIV,Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete